Greater Vancouver Accommodation: Choosing a Bed & Breakfast
Bed & Breakfasts are an inexpensive way to stay in Vancouver , and provide you the opportunity to see how Vancouver ites live. Most are members of The Western Canada Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers Association*. Here are some of their more important standards:
- Single room minimum size is 75 sq. ft., double room at least 100 sq.ft.
- Proper beds in each guest room and clothes closet or clothes butler in each room
- $1 million public liability insurance as a B&B
- Smoke detectors located in each guest bedroom and on each floor of the home
- Bedroom windows must allow an emergency exit for guest.
- Two kilogram ABC fire extinguishers appropriately located and visible on each floor
- Individual towels available for each guest, changed and washed regularly
Door locks or chains on individual rooms are not required.
* NOTE: THere are a number of room booking agencies masquerading as B&B Assocaitions, but only The Western Canada Bed and Breakfast Innkeepers Association is recognized by Tourism BC.